Thursday, March 17, 2011

Aspiring photographers

Here is a letter from Parker who is interested in shooting..
I can't find his questions, but you get the point with my answers...

Aloha Parker!!! 
I apologize for taking so long to get back to you but thankfully i have been extremely busy..
I appreciate ya contacting me and yes your work is coming along!!! Stoked for you and your setup sounds right!!! 

Shadowing or assisting other photographers as much as possible would be a great step in the right direction.. 
Hit up the surf Magazines ( the contacts are in the front of the mags. in the "masthead"). Ask them about internships and how to begin.. You might have to work for free to get your foot in the door and get set in the right direction.. 

asking questions like you have to photographers is a step in the right direction!!!! 
Hitting up local surf shops and asking to work with their top surfers will help. . Working with good surfers is ideal for good shots.. 

Visit as many shooters websites as you can.... learn from others and then put your own twist on it.. 
Don't take no for an answer and LOVE what you do and you will never work a day in your life!!! 
;) 

Thanks for the inquiry and feel free to hit me up with any questions, comments or concerns.. 
I hope this finds you well.. 
--
Sincerely,

Jon Steele

No comments:

Post a Comment